Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weight Loss Isn't Always About What You Eat

Yesterday my friend Wendy completed here first week of Weight Watchers. Although she was sure she had blown it, and that this first week would be a "wash" she was actually down four pounds. Congratulations Wendy!

I think it just goes to show you that weight loss isn't always about what you eat. Sometimes it is about what you don't eat.

I believe that while Wendy (and yes...I do have permission to talk about her on my blog) was worried about the fact that her point totals might not have been "perfect" everyday, she didn't really realize that for better or for worse, tracking everything she was putting in her mouth was keeping her aware...and that keeping her aware was keeping her on track.

Yes she ate chocolate...but she ate less chocolate.

Portion sizes matter...they matter a lot.

Portion sizes are the only reason Weight Watchers is able to say that no foods are off limits.

Does this mean I always eat the right portion sizes...gosh no...if I did I wouldn't need this blog and my life...from a weight perspective...would be perfect.

Even when I am not tracking my portion sizes (like when I was on the cruise) I am aware that I should be...and I think as long as we always at least stay AWARE of what we are actually doing to our bodies...for better or for worse...eventually things start to go in the right direction.

I got myself going in the right direction this week too. I was down 2.8 pounds...only 8 more pounds to go to undue the weight gain of the cruise. No worries...it will happen.

Be healthy,

Alan

No comments: