Monday, March 12, 2012

Confessions Of A Mad Man

Sometimes I feel like a liar.

Not a liar in the moment, but more of a hindsight liar, or perhaps an "absent" liar.

When I wrote my last blog I mentioned that I had used my weekly points and that meant I pretty much had to stay "on program" the rest of the week. I didn't think it would be too tough as I had no social events planned.

So here is the real deal....we don't NEED social events to fall apart.

I managed to fall apart this weekend in a big way. I also chose not to write my blog as that would involve facing my reality and I wasn't ready to do this.

Actually, to say I fell apart is an understatement. I became obsessed with eating. My food intake over the weekend includes the following:

1) Big Mac Combo
2) Caramel McFlurry
3) Two Mama Burgers and a Root Beer at A&W
3) 20 Swedish Meatballs and French Fries at IKEA...and one of their ice cream cones.
4) About ten chocolate digestive cookies (there is nothing "digestive" about these).
5)  Popcorn With butter and a coke at the movies, oh...and a bag of Malteesers.
6) Sweet and sour fried chicken balls with white rice and Saporo beer at a chinese restaurant
7) A bottle of wine
8) About a box of crackers.
9) A Wendy's double cheeseburger.
10) Two egg McMuffins and an order of Hotcakes (with extra syrup) at McDonalds

I wish I could say that was all but I am sure there is stuff I forgot.

Let's just say: "I LOST IT"!

To be honest I have another problem though. Many would say it is not a problem but I think it is.

At Weight Watchers they say that if you fall off the wagon you shouldn't feel guilty about it. What is done is done...you just get back on the wagon and keep on going.

My problem is I never feel guilty. Perhaps if I did I would learn more from it.

I will get back on the wagon and keep on going but if I haven't learned what good does it do me?

I am thinking that perhaps after all that crap I should do a cleanse...but have not yet decided if I have the willpower right now.

At the very least  I will be back to healthy eating today.

Be healthier than I have been,

Alan

2 comments:

Quade said...

Wow. You had a full sector six meltdown! Impressive!

Unknown said...

Sadly..."full sector meltdown" is probably an understatement. Onward and downward :-)