Monday, March 19, 2012

Seeing What It Is Like To Be A Woman

Hi all!

This week I have decided to find out what it is like to be a woman. It is part of my self-imposed "research" for becoming a Weight Watcher's Leader.

You see...men are kind of lucky when it comes to Weight Watchers. We get a higher points allowance then women. I, for instance, am getting 38 points a day right now (it will decline to about 34 as I get closer to goal). Many women, however, only get 26 points a day.

I have always thought that there was no way I could live on 26 points a day!

Given, however, that I will soon be telling many females that that is exactly what they have to do...I decided that...as an experiment...I would ry to live that way for a while myself.

So, since last Thursday I have been eating 26 points a day plus my 49 weekly points allowance. This is exactly how many points many women eat on the plan (not all women...there are many factors that determine your daily points allowance).

The 49 weekly points were eaten at a function last Saturday night so they are now gone.


I must say I am surprised. Granted, I have only done it for 5 days but it isn't as hard as I thought. I usually eat one stupid thing a day that disappears down my throat in two seconds, has no redeeming qualities, no health benefits, and does not fill me up. The bottom line is that now I no longer get to eat that stupid thing that adds nothing to my health or day.

Perhaps 26 points a day is actually a good thing. It certainly encourages me to eat more fruits and vegetables (which are primarily zero points)

Still...I am going to trust Weight Watchers and go back to eating my proper points allowance after this weeklong experiment is over. Although I may find I can do it...it does not necessarily mean it is the best choice for me.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: