Monday, February 20, 2012

What A Difference A Week Can Make

On Friday, February 10th, I posted a picture of myself on this blog...and then I went on a cruise.

The following Friday I was on a beach in Aruba and posted another picture of myself on Facebook. I had taken the second picture on my iPhone and couldn't really see it well until I got home last night. Clearly, a week of buffets for breakfast lunch and dinner along with the odd alcoholic beverage can make a difference in the appearance of a body and face. Here is the picture before the cruise and the picture toward the end of the cruise:

Friday February 10, 2012
Friday February 17, 2012


Now don't get me wrong. I am still very happy and there is a lot "artificial" about that first shot. I was hungry and dehydrated when the "before" shot was taken and covered in "instant tan". In the second picture I had been eating buffet's continually and I had actually drunk that beer in my hand.

There are two realities for me I think.

The first is that had the "after" shot been my "before" shot I would still have been happy as it is a lot better than my original "before" shot of even a year ago.

The second is that it doesn't matter if I am happy or not. This is proof positive for me that if I do not watch myself my body is quite capable of reverting back to its old self rather quickly.

I still had two more days of eating after that February 17th photo, so a little more weight went on the body.  Today I return to the weight loss journey.

The good news is that I will not "diet". Just go back to the normal Weight Watcher's plan that is my life (my GOOD life) and go back to healthy eating. I am not going to put myself in a weight loss race this time but will let you know as the weight drops off...and it will drop off... :-)

Be healthy!

Alan




No comments: