Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Roller Coaster Ride

Eat Bad Eat Well Eat Bad Eat Well Eat Bad Eat Well...Eat Bad Thursday Friday Saturday Eat We'll Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday, Weigh-In, Eat Bad Thursday Friday Saturday Eat Well Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday, Weigh-In...

This is the patter of my life. This week is no different. I haven't eaten well Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and today is the day I turn things around.

Why do I do this? I think for two reasons. One is obviously the prospect of standing on the scale Wednesday night and the other is the fact that the bad days are pretty much the weekend days (although I am not sure when Thursday became the weekend).

The thing is it works. I can pretty much lose weight or stay the same with this methodology. Last Wednesday I was "up" but only by .2 pounds (that is "point 2"...not "2").

The problem is I don't really learn anything do I? It allows me to go out and make a total pig of myself. There is no "health" involved here.

Even tracking doesn't alleviate the problem. I have become a master at making my tracker balance out by weeks end by exercising myself to death.

So I need to step back and focus...I need to at least TRY to be healthier when I go out...and perhaps drink a little less (did I say perhaps?...ok...drink a little less).

I think next week I at least have the Thursday covered off as I promised to post a shirtless picture of myself on this blog on Friday...that will keep me in line for sure...yikes!. The challenge is Friday and Saturday next week. Will do my best to remember this blog and be at least "better".

Balance Balance Balance...you think after all this time I would have figured it out.

Be healthy,

Alan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Uncle Alan...I hear you! I did this all the time on my diet, but you gotta remember what the true end goal is...the scale is not about the number but about a balance between health and happiness!! You can cheat the scale but you are cheating yourself!! I know you can do better mister! You have to, you are my only inspiration to start working on myself again. - Meaghan

Unknown said...

You are soooo right Meaghan...the scale is ono the true end goal. For a while I believed the number on the scale didn't matter at all because it didn't necessarily represent health or happiness...but then I realized I was using that as an excuse to gain LOL. So now I acce that the number on the scale does matter to me, but it is simply one "check in" point of many. I ry to pay attention to it but not get too focused on it. Thanks for your inspirational words to keep me on track...you are inspiring me too :-)

Unknown said...

That was supposed to say the scale is "not" the true end goal :-)

Meaghan said...

:) Keep up the good work! Much love