Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Got the sniffles today

The night before I went on vacation I started to get a sore throat and thought: "Oh no...I am going to be sick on the cruise!". I wasn't sick on the cruise but every now and then I could sense that I wasn't 100% healthy either. There was a bug inside me waiting to get out.

Fortunately, the bug was kind enough to hold off until I got home, but when I woke up yesterday morning I could tell it was about to start to manifest into something bigger.

So here it comes...the sore throat and the sniffles this morning...sigh. 

I am grateful, nonetheless, that the cold held off as long as it did and allowed me to enjoy my holiday.

I ate normally yesterday (not excessively and not dieting) and pumped myself full of Vitamin C. Hopefully it won't get too bad.

Unless I am on my death bed and/or seriously at risk of making others really sick I will still go to Weight Watchers tomorrow. After one does damage to one's body (weight-wise) I think it is important to face the damage head on as quickly as possible. If you don't know EXACTLY what you are dealing with you can't really deal with it effectively.

So while I hope I am feeling better I have every intention of being at the meeting tomorrow.

Here's to another day of normal eating.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: