Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Year Of Blogging - Time To Reflect

I wrote my first blog on April 17, 2010. A year has gone by so quickly.

I think at this point it only makes sense to step back and reflect on how successful I have been.

I guess I have to start by saying I am not as successful as I had hoped. I had hoped I would be living a perfect life of organic foods with only the occasional "meal out" as an indulgence.

In reality, I am not that much further forward than where I was.

Am I disappointed? Not really. It just re-emphasizes that this journey has no end. It is a life journey and success only really comes when one embraces that realization.

I have been FAR more successful than I would have been without this blog, and I have made so many good friends along the way. I have also strengthened my relationship with old friends.

The blog hasn't had the same emphasis in my life lately I must admit. I do enjoy doing it, but I don't set my alarm clock to do it anymore, and it is not an "everyday" blog anymore. I actually think that is a good thing. It is more balanced and less "forced". At least I hope it is.

From time to time I have contemplated whether or not to stop doing the blog. I even thought the one year mark would be a good time to finish it.

I am not going to stop. I need it. If nothing else I need it as a forum to keep my public commitments and post a damn picture of myself half naked every two months. That really helps to keep me in check.

More than needing "it" though....I need you. Your support always brings me back on track when I falter and I thank you for that.

So whether you like it or not...I'm not going away.

Be healthy!

Alan




No comments: