Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

I couldn't NOT do a blog today. It's my birthday!

I realized last year that birthdays are meant to be celebrated because there are too many gone from this world who no longer get this luxury.

So I am going to celebrate every one I have the pleasure of enjoying.

It is great to get birthday wishes from friends. It reminds you you are loved...and we all need that.

I am so very grateful for the wonderful people in my life.

It would be hard to find better friends.

You all mean so much to me.

The day has been great. Well..it started yesterday with a great birthday celebration for my friend Cara, and then went on to a Karaoke night at a pub with more wonderful friends (I do not sing). Just after midnight (the official start of my birthday) the whole bar started singing "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" which was a song my sister Shirley used to sing before she passed away. I like to think it was her way of saying Happy Birthday :-)

Today I slept in ( a little hung over but not a lot) , then Jamie took me for lunch and shopping (bought four shirts), then came home, had a nap. then finalized a real estate deal, and we are off for birthday dinner soon. I am not worrying about what I eat today.

What a GREAT day!

Loy you all!

Alan


3 comments:

cdp said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day!

Love you lots!

Cxx

Unknown said...

It was :-)

Anonymous said...

Alan...what has happened? No blogging for so very long! I keep checking back every few days but you have been so quiet. Have you moved it without saying anything here?
M. WW....yes, I'm still around!