Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Weighed In

In yesterday's blog I was trying to decide whether or not I would weigh in at Weight Watchers. I decided to do it and I am 204 pounds. That is exactly the weight I said I though I was on Monday.

It still freaks me out that 204 pounds is possible for me without looking excessively overweight. Working out is good.

I am thinking that I am going to compromise on the weight thing. I am going to weigh in like a good boy and have Weight Watchers record it weekly but unless I am really feeling out of control I am going to tell them I only want them to tell me my weight once a month. 

It is the best of both worlds. I can review my situation on a monthly basis while keeping it honest and shifting the focus away from the scale. I am liking this concept.

On another note I got inspired by Marilyn Dennis on the radio yesterday. She was talking about portion control but not in the sense that we normally think of. She wasn't talking so much about how much is on the plate but was referring to how much goes in the mouth at a time.

I think a lot of people with weight issues (myself included) are fast eaters...and we tend to have large "bite" sizes. 

I know I do...especially when I am hungry. So for this week I am going to try and focus on how much I am actually putting in my mouth at a time. 

Tomorrow may be my last blog for a little while but I promise I will not be going AWOL on you again. I am having laser eye surgery done Friday afternoon so it may be a few days before I can see clearly and even if I can I am supposed to limit my exposure to the computer etc. for a bit.

Whether you like it or not though...I will be back!

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: