Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You Are Beautiful

Are you on a journey for health? If you are really being honest with yourself...are you? If you are I salute you!

If I am being honest I am on a journey that includes health as a very important piece (and an amazing side benefit), but it is really a journey of vanity. It is a journey that I hope results in my looking the best I possibly can.

Don't get me wrong. I am under no illusion that I will look twenty again. I am approaching 50...looking 40 is ok with me.

I doubt I am alone.

For the those of us on the journey TOWARD vanity it makes me wonder what we thing of ourselves NOW? Do we think we are are beautiful (or handsome) NOW or do we hope we will be one day?

When I look around at the beautiful people I have met on this journey it makes me realize that we are all beautiful...inside and out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with striving to look better...but we need to make sure we tell ourselves that we are also perfect just the way we are.

People in this world can be cruel and comments can hurt. Even adults can be cruel...they just tend to be better at being "subtly cruel".

When those moments come remember the lyrics of this awesome song:

"I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today" 



Be healthy and enjoy this first day of summer!


Alan






2 comments:

cdp said...

Summer ....
12 degrees and pissing down - Scotland the drech!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes but you had that wonderfully hot soring when we had cold rain! Not the best of days here today either but the past few days were real nice.