Saturday, June 18, 2011

Here we go again!

Hello my blog friends!

Sorry I have been gone so long.

I wish I could tell you something specific happened that kept me from blogging but there was no one specific thing. I could say I got busy but I have done it when I am busy before. I could say I ran out of things to say...and there is truth in that...but life is still here and things are still happening so there are things to write about.

Perhaps it was because I started feeling like less of an inspiration. I have struggled for months now so I have not really been in a position to "lead by example".

Leading by example has never really been the primary purpose of the blog though. I am happy when I can do that, but it has been about sharing struggles and realizing we are not alone.

The reality is I NEED this blog and I need you. You keep me "aware".

Now getting down to the weight thing. I have to tell you I am a bit confused.

From a scale perspective it is not good. I am 204 pounds now and when I reached my goal I was 176 pounds. The thing is though, I don't feel like I used to feel at 204 pounds. Most of my shirts fit too.

I know there is some tummy there that I would like to lose but there is also a lot more muscle that I didn't possess the last time I was this weight.

The problem is I feel comfortable. Maybe that is not a problem...I don't know. It is hard to lose weight when overall you feel comfortable at the weight you are at.

Am I going to try and lose the tummy? Yes. Am I going to stress myself out about it? No. This is what I have been saying to myself.

Sounds good right? The problem is it lacks motivation and when I lack motivation I tend to go up rather than stay the same or go down.

So I am trying to find ways to re-motivate myself to lose the weight...again.

One of these ways has been through a program called "Boot Camp". Will write about this tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone. I missed you!

Be healthy!

Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Alan, glad to have you back! I know exactly where you're coming from. I too have been 'comfortable' for a while now...months. I have managed to stay within the same 5 lbs so am very pleased with that (practicing maintenance, I guess) but would still like to get to goal and stop paying. I started using the online tracker last week and actually tracked a full week for the first time since before Christmas. I did well and have now lost two weeks in a row so am aiming to keep the downward trend, be it .2 or 2, I don't care.
I have gotten some motivation from a friend who has to lose a lot of weight for a surgery. She has no money to pay for WW so has been asking me a lot of questions about using it. I still had all my old points plan stuff so I gave everything to her and am hoping that she can make it work. She won't come to a meeting with me so I guess I am a leader for one.
Have good week.
M. WW.

Unknown said...

Well...you have been a good on-line leader for me so I am sure you will be a great leader for your friend too. Funny think about WW and cost. I won't say it doesn't cost money but anyone I know who can't afford to go ends up spending more on Pizza and chips than they would on WW. Real happy to be back :-)