Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I cleaned the top floor of our house yesterday.

When I say I cleaned I mean I CLEANED!

Closets emptied and cleaned, summer clothes brought out, dresser drawers emptied, vacuumed out and resorted, floors done, windows cleaned. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned...for 8 hours!

A couple of interesting things came to light:

1) I learned that according to Weight Watchers online tracking system 8 hours of cleaning equals thirty activity points. I think that is a bit too high but I took full advantage of it anyways and used it to enjoy an entire bottle of wine last night :-)

2) There is no way in hell my summer clothes are going to fit.

I have some really nice summer clothes but as I was hanging the shirts I was realizing that unless I stay on track I cannot wear them. I certainly can't wear them now.

Thankfully it wasn't depressing...it was motivating.

I am going to get in those damn shirts if it kills me!

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: