Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting Things In Order To Move Forward

Jamie and I have taken a lot of chances in our lives...we haven't had it "together" in case of the unexpected.

We have no Will, minimal Life Insurance and, in general, we have been unprepared.

I think finally getting my taxes done woke me up. It is so easy to put everything off, but I think that even though we don't spend every minute of our day thinking about these things, everything adds up little by little and you end up walking around with extra baggage you don't need.

So we are getting it done. Improving the Life Insurance, doing the Will, doing a Living Will...in essence...doing what we need to do.

You may ask what this has to do with health?...I think the answer is "a lot".

It is not healthy having things weighing on you, and once the things are taken care of it is harder to have an excuse for putting your health off. The other important things you need to do are done. Health is what is left to focus on.

I am glad my financial affairs are all being put in order. It helps one breath easier.

Be healthy!

Alan

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Am I in the will?!!!!

Unknown said...

You will have to kill me to find out :-)

Pamela said...

No way. I like having you as my friend.

Unknown said...

:-)