Friday, May 6, 2011

Do you have a Frienemy? You need one.

Do you have a Frienemy?

I have a few. If you don't have one you should get one. They are vital to success.

What is a Frienemy?

It is someone who encourages you to do the things you don't want to do. Someone who is such a good friend they are willing to be perceived by you as their enemy (not literally) from time to time to push you past your barriers and get you though the "excuse" zone.

I work out with a Frienemy sometimes. He really pushes me to surpass my "walls". If I am working out with him and I say I am tired he totally ignores it and never gives me a break. He may adjust the type of workout we do...but he will still ensure I workout hard.

I have a Frienemy who really encouraged me to try "Bootcamp" for exercise when I was slipping. I still haven't actually done that but I want to and the encouragement to do it kept pushing me in the right direction.

Frienemies encourage you to eat healthy when you want to eat crap. They tell you to get off your ass.

Most importantly though...Frienemies never ever judge you.

I have lots of Frienemies on this blog too. They call me on my crap and tell me to stop making excuses.

I love my Frienemies....and I need you.

Thanks for getting me back on track.

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: