Monday, April 2, 2012

Sometimes I am never satisfied

Do you ever want MORE? I am like that. I want MORE.

I have no reason to want more. If I keep what I have I should be pretty damned happy.

I have been feeling that way with weight loss this week. I am not always perfect...but this week...I have been perfect. I have stayed within my daily points range for Weight Watchers, I have elected not to eat any of my "optional" points, and I have exercised every day except for one, planned, rest day. I have not even had an alcoholic drink since my "weight watchers week" started Thursday morning. In a nut shell...I have been perfect.

The results I wanted to achieve will be there when I step on the scale at Weight Watchers this week. In my last blog I said that my goal was to be 189 pounds by this Wednesday and and then 185 pounds by April 25th.

I will be 189 pounds by this Wednesday. That is my pre-vacation weight so I should feel happy right? I am perfectly on track.

The problem is that with perfect eating I expect consistent results. If I eat perfectly for a day I expect to wake up the next morning...be able to step on the scale...and see that it was all worth it. I want weight loss for EVERY day I am perfect. It only makes sense doesn't it?

Sadly, our bodies don't always follow the rules. They are like kids...sometimes they just don't listen.

I guess this is why Weight Watchers says that during the "weight loss" mode of the program it is ideal to only weigh in once a week at the meeting. That way we only see the end result of a weeks worth of eating and not the frustrations of going up and down daily.

I obey the Weight Watchers suggestion sometimes...but this week I haven't and it is frustrating as hell. Even though I am exactly where I want to be right now I feel like "good" is not "good enough". I WANT MORE!

It is sheer stupidity and a total "dieter" mentality.

I am making a lifestyle change...I am not dieting...and I need to learn that once and for all.

I get it most of the time...just not this week.

Hopefully I will wake up and smell the roses soon....I usually do know I am being an idiot when I am being one...it just doesn't always stop me.

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: