Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I feel pretty, and witty, and...

Have you ever noticed that after just a couple of days of eating well you feel SOOOOOO much better?

That is how I feel now. My eating habits have not been perfect but have been reasonably good for about three weeks now and it feels like yet another major corner has been turned on this road to health.

My stomach looks like someone has finally punctured the tire and I am not walking around like a total zombie.

I have taken the back support brace I was wearing off and I feel great!

The most exciting thing is that my clothes fit again!

There is and old saying that goes something along the lines of "nothing tastes as good as slim feels". It has been altered over the years as it has been interpreted to be a bad message to those with eating disorders and I think the most common version of the expression now is "nothing feels as good as being healthy feels". The new version isn't quite as catchy, so, unless you have, or are at risk of developing, an eating disorder, I say go with the first.

I am feeling slim for the first time in a long time and want to dance around singing "Feeling Good" along with Jennifer Hudson.

I won't dance around to "that other song" but I do feel "pretty and witty and...." yes... gay :-)

Be healthy!

Alan

No comments: