Monday, November 28, 2011

Boredom Eating

I'm trying to be aware of the head space I am in right now.

Things are pretty quiet and when they are quiet it is so easy for me to gravitate toward food. Who am I kidding?...if anything happens it is easy for me to gravitate toward food.

I can find almost any reason to eat and eating simply because it is "something to do" I am capable of doing on autopilot....this means I need to be particularly aware.

I am making sure I write about this today for one reason and one reason only...and that is to make myself aware for the next 24 hours.

I think I am getting good at knowing the various phases I go through. I know the signals...it is whether I choose to listen to them or not that is the big question.

The "boredom" signal is a particularly dangerous one. Once I get it I think I have about a 24 hour window to fight it. If I can keep myself on track for 24 hours the desire to eat in order to "fill time" will subside, but if I start eating the wrong foods, the road will start going steeply downhill and it will get more and more difficult to stop.

I have been reasonably good lately. I did have a take out chicken dinner last night but in the scheme of my recent overall eating patterns it isn't an issue.

If I remain on track today I consider myself to have always been on track. I am allowed to have a bit of an indulgence occasionally.

Today is critical though. I must...and will...be good.

Be healthy!

Alan


No comments: