Friday, August 26, 2011

Motivation

Do you ever lose your motivation to continue?

I do, I have, and I have been there for a while.

It isn't a case of giving up as much as it is a case of getting comfortable with where I am.

Being comfortable is good right?

Perhaps...but perhaps not. It depends on whether or not it is an excuse. In my case it is an excuse.

I say I am happy where I am but then I get up in the morning and look in the mirror and I feel disappointed instead of happy. I think about how I feel inside and I don't have that "bouncy" feeling of health...I have the weighed down feeling of food.

I am NOT comfortable where I am. It is just easier to think I am.

Finding the motivation to restart is hard when you tell yourself you are comfortable. I need to re-find that motivation.

Even my lack of blogging is primarily due to a lack of motivation. I say I am busy but I could have time....if I wanted to.

So I need to turn things around and remotivate myself.

I will start with affirmations. Just stopping a few times a day and telling myself I can do this. I will also do my best to keep my commitments even though they are way past due date.

I haven't posted a picture of myself shirtless on this blog in ages even though I have promised several times. I will take that picture today and post it tomorrow. It won't be pretty...but I will do it.

The only way to remotivate oneself is to start doing the right things. Sometimes motivation doesn't come from within. Sometimes you have to force yourself in the early stages.

It is time for me to force myself.

Be healthy!

Alan

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Alan - been waiting for an update for a while now. Do me a favour - Get off your ass and just do it. I know, tough love and that is exactly what it is. Time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. Take that picture and post it - and remember - You are not going back!
Take care my friend.

The Director said...

Skinny down a bit Alan... won't hurt your image. You have the will, so there's a way. And in other news, I hope to hit the big T.O. a couple of times between now and 2012... I'll be in touch. Love to Jamie.

Unknown said...

Thanks to both of you. Get off my ass and do it is exactly what I need to hear. I don't need friends to tell me not to be hard on myself. I can be good to myself right to the grave. I need "tough love".

Thanks again!

P.S. Am I correct in assuming "The Director" is Tom?