Saturday, September 8, 2012

Time for me to buckle up

It's time for me to buckle down again (or is it "buckle up"? I don't know).

The summer has been great but full of over indulgences.

Have you ever visually "gotten away with it" but if you are being honest with yourself you know what your reality is?

That is where I am at now. 

The clothes I got when I reached goal are still fitting but I know if I don't smarten up they won't much longer. More importantly I just am not feeling healthy.

It is time to push through that wall and start the weight loss process again so I get myself back in check. I am after all a Weight Watchers leader a couple of times a week so I need to...correction...I want to...walk the walk. I believe the program works....but one has to actually do the program for it to work.

The fall season is, in my opinion, the best time to lose weight. We really only have Thanksgiving and Halloween to get through before the December holidays and in reality, even if we give Thanksgiving two days, that is only three official days of challenges. I think almost all of us can deal with three  days of weight loss challenges. Sure we have the things like birthdays but those are year round things no one can change. The summer events that can pose real challenges are winding down.

Yesterday was an interesting day at Weight Watchers. My bosses boss, and my bosses bosses boss (the General Manager) came to watch me lead a meeting. I'm still waiting for feedback but they seemed happy. Time will tell :-)

I am really loving leading meetings. I have managed to get things balanced out so it doesn't interfere with my Real Estate work (I only do meetings at times of day when things are typically quieter from a Real Estate perspective and will only do them if I have a receptionist now (smaller "At Work" meetings don't get a receptionist) which for the most part means I can go in, lead the meeting, and leave, so the time commitment is really limited.

I also spend way less time preparing. I read the topic overview at the start of the week (takes five minutes) and then spend twenty minutes thinking about what I am going to say before my first meeting each week. The reality is the group should be running the meeting not me so over structuring can be an issue. If the meeting is really good we may only barely touch on the topic of the week.

But....if I am going to lead I have to do the program. I really believe  it works so it is time to get 100% back on plan.

Be healthy!

Alan


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is an important source for the existence of every human being

Nutrition and Hydration week 2014