Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ok I Admit It. I'm On A Bit Of A High

Those of you know me know that I am not exactly shy about celebrating. I figure I work hard for some things and when that work results in success...damn it...I'm going to celebrate. I try to admit my challenges as well though... cause y'all know I'm far from perfect. Last night I did my first "solo" as a Weight Watchers Leader. I wasn't really nervous about delivering the content. I was mostly just nervous about appearing nervous...and that can be a hard thing to "fix". When I did the trial run on the weekend it went well but the Territory Manager told me when I held my "before" picture up it was shaking like I was a 70 year old man. Last night I made sure not to hold it too long and elected to pass it along through the group instead, but even if I had held it up I think I would have been ok. I was nervous but I don't think it showed much...whew! When I was done the Territory Manager said to me "That was the worst first solo I have ever seen". She the laughed and said "You know I'm kidding right? That was the best first solo I have ever seen". That made me feel real good :-) She did have some great pointers which I really appreciated but at the end of the day I had fun. It gave me a bit of a high. Jamie took a video of it without my knowledge so if he can figure out how to black out the few faces (other than mine) that pop up in it, and if it does not prove too large to load I will post it on the blog and/or on Facebook. It will be a good keepsake to have. I was SOOOOO relieved when it was over and you better believe the wine got opened. Now it's back to reality...Time to devote all my attention to Real Estate...but that's cool...when I'm in a good place...all is good. Be healthy! Alan

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congrats - I have been waiting to see how you made out on your WW meeting. Glad that Jamie went along to offer some support, and yes the video should help you in the future and I will be waiting to see if you can post it here.