Sunday, June 3, 2012

At 49 Life Is Good

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since I have blogged. Life seems to have taken on a form of its own lately and the ramp-up time involved in becoming a Weight Watchers Leader was actually more intense than I realized. So between Real Estate and Weight Watchers training things have been a bit crazy! The good news is the training is pretty much done now.

I miss my old Wednesday night group in Burlington A LOT, but I do have to tell you I am loving being a leader! I ended up agreeing to lead three groups although one is only a "fill-in" for an At Work program that needed a leader to complete the 26 series program there. So I am doing Wednesdays at 5:15PM at Holy Trinity Church behind the Toronto Eaton Centre, Saturdays at 9:15AM at Lawrence Park Community Church and for the next 12 weeks a lunch hour meeting at Ernst and Young for E&Y employees.

I have to tell you the groups at the meetings are GREAT! On Saturday my group stopped the meeting to sing Happy Birthday to me and deliver a cupcake with a candle in the top. They all sang Happy Birthday....and yes...I ate the cupcake...but no...not in front of them :-)

So here I am...49 years young today. It feels good. I read a book a while ago called Younger Next Year and it really helped me to reframe things. I now look forward to aging because as Jennifer Hudson would say: "I Got This". The book Younger Next Year is designed for men who are approaching or have reached retirement age but there is another book called "Younger Next Year For Women" which I am sure must be equally as good.

I don't think it would be possible to feel better than I feel today. Not only do I feel like I have my weight and my health under control, but I feel I am doing what I am meant to do, and that I have the best support group of friends in the world...and I have a support group of friends AROUND the world...it is awesome.

Last year I wrote a blog on my birthday about the importance of celebrating our birthdays simply because we have them...while many of those we love have passed on and are not able to celebrate birthdays anymore. I feel the same way today as I did when I wrote that blog.

Life is too short. It is meant to be lived and it is meant to be enjoyed to the fullest. It isn't always easy and sometimes we have to seek out joy because it may not be finding its way to us...but when we do find it we should celebrate...simply because we can feel. No matter what we may feel from day to day...we can feel.

So lets all celebrate our ability to feel.

It's a good thing.

Be healthy!

Alan


2 comments:

Pamela said...

It really irritates me when people complain "I'm getting old" on their birthday. Count every birthday as a gift - not everyone is as fortunate as we have been - to get the gift of years.....they are indeed precious. Have a terrific day - next year - you will be an antique....and considered valuable in the art world! XXOO

Unknown said...

LOL...I hope I will be antique that stays around a long long time :-)